Odissi by Sujata Mohapatra
- Sakhi he kesi-mathanamudaram ramaya maya sahamadana-manoratha-bhavitayasa-vikaram ||dhruvapada|| “Kesi-mathana Krishna is never lacking in generosity when it comes to relieving the burning heat of Kamadeva. What’s more, his mind is also bewildered by attachment for me. My feelings are ornamented by Him; how will my desire to unite with him be fulfilled? Arrange for our meeting immediately.
- nibruta-nikuñja-gruhamgataya, nisi rahasiniliyavasantam | chakita-vilokita-sakala-disha, rati-rabhasa-bharenahasantam ||1||Once, he went to a secluded forest bower at night in accordance with the plan we had discreetly arranged by hints and signals. In a mischievous mood, he concealed himself in the dense foliage of the forest just to observe my eagerness to meet him and my agony in his absence. I began to look around with tired,fearful eyes, immersed in anxiety and thinking ‘Oh, when will he come?’ Then he suddenly delighted me with the nectar of his amorous laughter.
- prathama-samagama-lajjitaya, patu-chatu-shatairanukulam | mrudu-madhura-smita-bhashitaya, shithi-likruta-jaghana-dukulam ||2||“Seeing me so naive and gullible due to the natural embarrassment that occurs during one’s first amorous encounter, he employed a succession of courteous words and humble entreaties to abate my shyness. Enchanted by his flattering words, I smiled softly and sweetly and began to converse with him. Just then that cunning Hari suddenly removed the cloth from My hips. O sakhi, immediately arrange for me to meet with him!”
- alasa-nimilita-locanaya, pulaka vali-lalita-kapolam | shrama-jala-sakala-kalevaraya, vara-madana-madadatilolam ||4||“From the sudden, unexpected surge of rapture within the pleasure of passionate love with him, my eyes became tired and closed. Krishna’s cheeks assumed an extraordinary charm and loveliness from the joy of this love-play. Although He was already intoxicated by the flavors of amorous union, seeing My attractive body exhausted and dripping with perspiration, He became even more restless to taste ananga-rasa. O sakhi, quickly arrange for Me to meet with Kesi-mathana.”
- charana-ranita-mani-npuraya, paripurita-surata-vitanam | mukhara-vishrukhala-mekhalaya, sakachakraha-chumbana-danam ||6||“As We reached the height of passion, my jewel-studded anklebells rang out and My waistbelt fell off noisily. He caught Me by the hair and repeatedly kissed My face. O sakhi, unite me with my dearest Sri Krishna at once.”