Mohiniattam by Sreeja R Krishnan
- rajani-janita-guru-jagara-raga, kashayitamalasa-nivesham | vahatinayanam, anuragamivasphutam, udita-rasabhinivesham Krishna||1|| “Your reddish eyes are slowly closing from sleepless night of passion. Even now they express a powerful and increasing attachment for that beautiful Vraja-Gopis”
- yahimadhavayahikesava, ma vada kaitava vadam | tam anusarasarasiruha-lochana, yathava harati vishadam ||dhruvapada||||Go away Madhava! Go Keshava! Don’t plead your lies with me, go after that lotus eyed Gopi. She will ease your despair.
- kajjala-malina-vilocana-chumbana, virachita-nilima-rupam | dashana-vasanamarunam tava Krishna, tanotitanoranurupam Krishna ||2|| “Your beautiful red lips have become dark from kissing her collyrium-smeared eyes.”
- vapuranusarati, tava smarasangara, khara-nakhara-khata-rekham | marakata-shakala-kalita-kala dhauta-liperivaratijaya-lekham Krishna ||3|| “Your body is marked with scratches from the sharp nails of that Gopi. It appears as if a certificate of victory has been inscribed in golden letters upon an emerald wall.”
- bahirivamalina, taramtava Krishna, mano’pibhavishyatinunam | kathamathavañchayasejanam, anugatamasamashara-jvara-dunam Krishna ||6||“O Keshava, Your body is black, and so is Your heart. How could You deceive someone faithful to You, especially when She has been maimed by Cupid’s shafts?”
- bhamati bhavan abala-kavalaya, vaneshukimatravichitram | prathayatiputani, kaivavadhu-vadha, nirdaya-balacharitram Krishna ||7|| “You are roaming in the forest looking for innocent women. What is astonishing about this? By killing Putana while still in your infancy, you had already acquainted us with your cruel and merciless nature.”